Urethritis is an inflammatory process of the mucous membrane of the urethra (urinary canal), which leads to a series of bacterial, viral and fungal agents. It is considered the most frequent pathologies of the genitourinary system in men who are sexually active without the use of barrier contraceptive and are more of a couple. More often, it runs against other inflammatory diseases of the genital organs.
Given the peculiarities of the structure of anatomically in men, the urethritis is more serious in women.
The urethra pathogenic microflora gets in the way:
Causes of urethritis
The doctors assign to a specific list of factors that cause development of urethritis.
- the chronic stress;
- local trauma;
- the lack of personal hygiene;
- the alcoholism;
- poor nutrition;
- serious pathology, systemic;
- chronic disease;
- diseases associated with the genitourinary system.
Directly urethritis can cause 2 sets of reasons:
- the cystoscope;
- the stagnation of the venous blood level of the pelvis;
- kidney stones;
- injury to the urethra;
- hyperplasia of prostate;
- Escherichia coli;
Given the mechanism of the pathological of the urethritis is:
- primary, when the inflammation is formed directly in the urethra;
- secondary, in which the agent is infectious in the urethra comes from the pathological focus in other parts of the body.
With respect to the location of the inflammation in the wall of the urethra to distinguish urethritis:
The symptoms of urethritis in men
With the development of the disease in the home makes the following claims:
- the allocation of purulent character of the urethra, which can have a color from yellow to green, and stand out in a large amount in the beginning of the inflammatory process;
- inflammation of the urethra;
- at the end of urination possible spots of blood in a small quantity;
- the pain during urination;
- the pain of a strong character in the urethra.
This clinic develops regardless of what urethritis non-specific or specific. The only difference is that non-specific urethritis is confirmed when the samples for other infections not give a positive analysis.
Causes and symptoms of chronic urethritis
Chronic urethritis is observed very rarely and this happens in the background of these situations:
- weak immune system of the patient;
- prevalence of the pathological agent to other organs;
- improper or insufficient treatment of urethritis in Stroy form.
Note: when the disease becomes chronic, the inflammation of the urethra takes place, and highlight the decrease. Often the man thinks that the disease has passed, but in reality the disease has moved to the latent phase. If you do not carry out the therapy, the strains of bacteria that have been installed in the gland of the prostate and seminal vesicles, in the end, will cause prostatitis, epididymitis and other diseases.
Diagnosis of urethritis in men
The confirmation of the diagnosis is based on examination of the patient, which includes the following points:
- Consultation with a urologist. The doctor is located outside of the complaints of the men, conducts an objective inspection of the genitals. It also takes into account the presence of chronic diseases, urethritis in history.
- Laboratory diagnosis: sowing smear the bacteria from the urethra (it allows you to identify and determine the type of pathogenic microorganisms and to establish their sensitivity to antibiotics); PCR (allows you to quickly and accurately identify the causative agent in urology spot); urinalysis (with your help, determine the level of the lesion of the urinary tract); microscopy (its mission and orientation of the learning material at the cellular level).
- Instrumental methods: urethroscopy (it is done after the decrease in acute period for a show of inspecting the walls of the urethra under optical magnification), diagnostic ultrasound (provides the ability to visualize the bladder, prostate, kidney, and to evaluate any changes in them); an x-ray of the urethra (performed after a first introduction of radiopaque substances, when the acute phase is not carried out).
Treatment of urethritis in men
The treatment of this disease in the majority of cases can be done at home, when the patient visits the medical institution to undergo therapeutic treatments. The hospitalisation of the patient is required only in the severe cases.
Important: before you can treat urethritis, is to identify the causative agent, since this depends directly on the effectiveness of the therapy eliminates the risk of transition to a chronic.
Treatment of urethritis include the following elements:
- the rejection of the sexuality in the time of the therapy;
- in accordance with the consumption regime;
- abstinence from alcohol;
- the antibiotic therapy;
- the rejection of acute and spicy food;
- by means of immunotherapy (if necessary);
- local treatment (carried out after the reduction of symptoms acute in the administration of drugs in liquid form into the urethra).
Drugs and medications for urethritis
The choice of antibiotic may exercise only the doctor, after the examination bacteriological. This is justified by the fact that the use of improper selection of drugs may cause complications and failure of therapy. Antibiotics can be used in any form (tablets, injection, suppositories).
Prevention of urethritis
To minimize the risk of disease men should follow these rules:
- to avoid injury of the penis;
- drink plenty of fluids;
- to avoid frequent change of sexual partners;
- promptly treat any disease;
- to prevent hypothermia.