Peyronie's disease – pathology, characteristic only for the man's half of humanity.
The disease is characterized by the appearance of pain during erection, which occurs on the background of fibrosis in the tunica tunica. The disease is rare and is most common of men, at the age of forty to sixty years.
In some cases, this disorder can negatively affect conception, but which is present only in those cases where the penis is curved, so that it can not enter the female genital organs. It is necessary, therefore, to seek the help of professionals if you experience the first symptoms (the presence of a small seal, which is easy to detect the touch, pain during intercourse, strain every erection).
The basis of the treatment is the surgery. Among specialists, there is a lot of debate about the effectiveness of the therapies folk remedies at home.
What is it?
Peyronie's disease — a disease in which the penis is curved due to the progressive fibrotic changes in the protein shell of the penis. The disease is named after a surgeon in the French Francois peyronie, who described it in 1743. Most often affects men in age between 30 and 60-65 years.
The reasons for the development
To date, not fully understood causes that lead to the disease, however, there are etiological factors which contribute to the pathology:
- injuries of the penis;
- disorders in the endocrine system;
- closed fracture of the penis;
- hardening of the tissues of the penis;
- inflammation of the connective tissue – the connective tissue;
- any abnormality with the immune system;
- the inflammatory process in the urethra;
- the taking of certain medications;
- the metabolic disorders;
- the narrowing of the blood vessels, a characteristic of atherosclerosis;
- high levels of serotonin in the body;
- connective tissue diseases;
- the lack of calcium and vitamin E;
- high blood pressure;
- bad habits;
- the coronary heart disease.
In extremely rare cases, the disease may be congenital. For example, in the pathology of the structure of the tunica tunica or with an abnormally short urethra. Unlike congenital acquired in the first case, the lack of plate. The deformation develops in the background of the axes in the cavernous bodies.
Minor deformations are not serious of the disease and do not require surgical intervention.
By etiology we distinguish the following forms of the disease:
- The acquired form is characterized by a gradual loss of elasticity and enlargement of the connective tissue of the penis, which leads to the distortion of the shape and the appearance of pain;
- The way congenital is often caused by genetic factor and finds its manifestations in the compaction cavernous bodies of the penis.
In addition, there are three categories of peyronie's disease, depending on the degree of curvature of the penis and the size of the fibrous of education:
- Category 1 – curvature of the penis up to 30 degrees, the size of the fibrous plaques up to 2 cm;
- Category 2 – the angle of curvature of from 30 to 60 degrees, the size of the fibrous plaques from 2 to 4 cm;
- Category 3 – the emergence of strong angle of inclination of 60 degrees, the size of the fibrous plaques of the 4 see
The symptoms of peyronie's disease:
- Erectile dysfunction deterioration of erection (the penis is not the increase of the required size and do not harden).
- Curvature of the penis. This feature is visible.
- The pain. At the time of the erection of the patient is experiencing pain that in the end makes sexual intercourse very painful.
- Functional decline in the male penis. It is the result of the curvature of the body.
- Curvature of the penis (towards the abdomen, or scrotum, or to the sides).
- Sometimes the place where there is a plaque that you can stretch the skin.
- Hypersensitivity of the penis that is observed even in relaxed state.
- The presence of plaques with a kind of seal under the skin of the penis, and, at times, reach large dimensions, up to 3 cm, which negatively affects the local circulation.
- The irregular shape of the penis. In some cases, when multiple plates, the sexual organ has an irregular shape, in the form of a bottle, an hourglass, etc.
Despite the fact that peyronie's disease has not complicated the healing, the consequences affect both psychological field and the General health of the patient:
- broken an erection on the background of pain, as well as a good number of psychological causes (emotional stress, sexual frustration, problems in intimate relationships);
- the shortening of the penis;
- psychological disorders.
With timely treatment, these negative effects tend to be temporary and superficial. Of great importance for the overcoming of the negative consequences and success of the rehabilitation has the moral support of the couple.
Fibro-plastic endurace of the penis (peyronie disease) is determined by experts more quickly and easily. Plate leaves no room for doubt, and, in principle, determine the form of the disease, and the ability to carry out a therapy or surgery. Some doctors are asked to bring a photo erect penis to determine the grade is curved when excited. The list, which other methods are used in the diagnosis of:
- Ultrasound vessels of the penis to evaluate the blood circulation in the area of the developed seal. This was revealed in the acute form of the disease;
- Magnetic RESONANCE in diagnostic imaging – the tissues of the body. A more accurate way to assess the flow of blood;
- Cavernosography is an x-ray after filling of the cavernous bodies of radiopaque fluid;
- Biopsy – a microscopic piece of tissue for subsequent laboratory tests;
- Doppler – as your ultrasound, to assess the state of the blood vessels of the penis.
The appointment for the examination can give the urologist, after the pre-collected anamnesis and palpation of the penis.
An algorithm for the treatment of patients with peyronie disease, which is found in an early stage of development:
- The reduction of pain.
- The removal of the inflammation.
- The resorption of plaque.
- Stop the progression of the disease.
The treatment must last at least six months.
Experts do not recommend the introduction of any drug directly to the plaque. The fact that even a minor damage to the integrity of the penis may improve cystic fibrosis. Sometimes, however, without injections not be successful.
For this purpose, the use of this type of drugs such as:
- Of steroids. They are used only in the case that a person is sick, is not more than 1.5 years and the board had not formed completely. Hormones are rarely used, since they allow to achieve the desired effect.
- Enzymes (collagenase). This tool allows you to soften the scar tissue as it breaks peptide bonds of collagen. The drug is injected into the plate perpendicular to the penis. In 65% of cases it is not possible to reduce the curvature. The treatment has a duration of 6 weeks. Injection put 2 times a 7 days. The procedure should be a professional, as an overdose of the enzyme, dangerous hemorrhage and the appearance of new sites of fibrosis.
In addition to the use of drugs, a man may be recommended physiotherapy impact on the patient's body:
- The use of dia-dynamic currents.
- The laser treatment.
- Mud treatment.
- UHT. This implies the use of a special device that is the source of pulses. Doctor sends directly to the site of fibrosis. This allows you to soften the plaque and straighten the penis. In order to implement SWT, the curvature must not be more than 45 degrees.
It is important to remember that use of any drug is prohibited! Can cause the development of serious complications and health problems.
Surgical treatment is more effective, since it allows to simultaneously correct the distortion and to remove sealed components. The method of surgical intervention is determined in each case of peyronie's Disease individually. Therefore, if the curvature of the penis at least 45 degrees, and its length is sufficient, plication, when the correction of the defect is due to the overlapping folds on the opposite side, is the most preferable. The tissue is suture of the special suture material, the penis loses some length, however, the probability of complications is minimal.
With the sufficient length of the penis and the curvature of over 45 degrees, the shell is cut in the shape of an ellipsis, and the curvature on the opposite side to produce the closure of the special material of the suture. In case of insufficiency of the length of the penis or failure of the patient of the aforementioned methods, resorting to the incision of the plaque with the subsequent use of the plastics. The defect of the tunica removed through the vaginal sheath of the testis, skin graft or synthetic materials.
If peyronie's Disease occurs with the dysfunction of the erection, then the optimal solution is lingham of prosthesis or lingham implementation. This allows you to eliminate the problems with erection and correct penile curvature.
- Chestnut. In order to prepare a decoction, you need 20 grams of chestnuts (fruit). First grind them and then add a Cup of boiling water and then put it in the fire. Boil for a quarter of an hour. When cool, pass through a sieve or a gauze and take a quarter Cup before eating. The treatment takes three months.
- An infusion of herbs. Mix in equal parts (100 g), primrose, sage, the initial letter, oregano, toadflax and burdock root. Send the collection in a thermos (2 large spoons) and add a Cup of boiling water. Let soak all night. In the morning, strain and take half a Cup four times a day before meals (at least half an hour). It is important to cook each day new infusions that were fresh.
- Ointments of leeches. Measure out a quarter Cup of dried leeches and grind them into powder. Mix with a heparin ointment (15 g) and demixed (2 tbsp big) and a glass of honey white. Then, each day (for a time) and RUB it on the penis. Start treatment when the moon falls.
- Medicinal baths. Three packages of sage, pour into a saucepan of boiling water, cover and leave for half an hour, then strain. Meanwhile, the dial to the bathroom from the water and pour again the tension infusion. But don't get carried away, these procedures can be carried out not more often than once in two days and only for 15 minutes. As soon as you finished the procedure lay down in bed. A greater effect is produced when a bath was used along with the techniques of decoction.
Because the disease develops slowly, there is a mistake to think that when the first signs it is best to use the medicine, to avoid medical intervention. But it is important to remember that only the performance of the operation is the only secure method of treatment of peyronie's disease in men.
Measures of prevention of peyronie's disease:
- do not have sex in a condition of narcotic drugs or intoxicating alcoholic, to exclude the lesions of the penis;
- at the age of 30 to 60 every year to pass preventive examinations;
- lead a healthy lifestyle;
- control your weight;
- follow the level of pressure;
- bring comfortable clothes;
- exercise regularly.
In case of any disorders of the reproductive system it is necessary to consult a urologist to make a diagnosis and start the treatment.